Today, nearly 90 percent of the apricots grown in the United States come from California. The remainder largely comes from Washington, and less than a percent from Utah.
U.S. apricot production was nearly 69,000 tons in 2011 but was valued at over $63 million, an increase of over 30 percent relative to 2010. The value of fresh production accounted for 60 percent of this total while the remaining 40 percent consisted of processed apricots (NASS 2012). June 2012 ... Apricots
- Apricot, Postharvest Technology Research and Information Center, University of California.
- The Apricot: An Early Summer Fruit, Economic Research Service (ERS), USDA, 2004.
- Apricot King Orchards, Hollister, California - This orchard has been a family-run orchard business since 1947. The operation farms 130 acres of apricots, walnuts, prunes and cherries. Their specialty is Blenheim apricots from which they produce dried cots, jams and syrups.
- Apricot Producers of California.
- California Apricot Council.
- Fruits and Tree Nuts, ERS, USDA. 2012
- Fruit and Tree Nuts Outlook, ERS, USDA, 2012.
- Global Agricultural Trade System (GATS), Foreign Ag Service (FAS), USDA, 2010.
- Noncitrus Fruits and Nuts, National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS), USDA, 2012.
- PlantFacts, Ohio State University - This Web site provides a full-text search engine of all extension and academic department information from all land-grant universities in the United States. Additionally, there are significant image and video databases, a FAQ database and a glossary.
- Stone Fruit: World Markets and Trade, FAS, USDA.
- U.S. per capita food availability, ERS, USDA.
- United States Standards for Grades of Dehydrated Apricots, 1974.
- United States Standards for Grades of Canned Apricots and Canned Solid Pack Apricots, 1976.
Links checked June 2012.